Dellner Brakes has acquired US brake and clutch company Gummi USA to consolidate its position as one of the world’s leading suppliers of brakes and related power transmission products for the industrial and marine markets.
This acquisition, the first in Dellner Brakes’ 50 year history, will enable the company to expand its product offering worldwide and also strengthen the company’s distribution in North and South America.
Dellner Brakes CEO Marcus Aberg (pictured above right) said: “We are delighted to be joining forces with Gummi USA. They are a strong, established company who, like Dellner, are committed to producing high quality, reliable products backed by strong customer service, which makes them the perfect partner for us.
“Dellner’s technologically advanced disc brakes, systems, power packs and components are distributed all over the world for use in marine and industrial applications. Gummi’s product range will complement this perfectly, allowing us to add high quality drum brakes, clutches, and couplings to our offering.”
The enlarged company will operate under the Dellner brand with Marcus Aberg continuing at the helm as CEO. Gummi USA president Edgar Roca has been appointed vice president for Dellner Brakes and managing director for the US company, Dellner Industrial Inc.
Edgar Roca, new Dellner Brakes vice president and MD of Dellner Industrial Inc (pictured above left), said: “Gummi USA has been working with Dellner Brakes in the US for some time and we are now delighted to be joining the Dellner family. The entire Gummi management team will be staying on to help take the combined business forward and we are all very excited to be part of this next phase of the company’s development and growth.
As part of the Dellner group, we will have access to a wider global market for our products and we will also be able to capitalise on Dellner’s renowned technical expertise and focus on innovation, which will enable us to further enhance and develop our product range. That’s great news for us, and for our customers.”
The US company, formed on 12 September 2017, will operate from its existing production facilities in Houston, Texas.
Notes to editors
- Dellner Brakes AB was established in Sweden in the 1960s, bringing over 50 years of experience to the marine, offshore and industrial markets. Its US operation was established in Charlotte, North Carolina in the early 1990s. Dellner Brakes AB employs 22 people and is part of the Dellner group of companies, which has more than 700 employees worldwide.
- Gummi USA was established in 1998 as a leading provider of flexible shaft couplings, drum clutches and brakes. The company has subsequently expanded to supply a broad range of power transmission products to the global industrial, drilling and marine markets. Gummi has been working with Dellner in the US for the past 15 years. The company is based in Houston, Texas and employs four people.
- Dellner and Gummi USA both operate globally serving the industrial and marine markets. Applications include marine propulsion, dredging, oil and gas drilling, mining, quarrying, pulp and paper manufacture.
- Dellner and Gummi brands are both certified according to ISO 9001:2008 assuring customers of the highest quality products, every time.
- Dellner Brakes CEO Marcus Aberg (right) with vice president Edgar Roca outside the company’s warehouse in Houston, Texas
- Inside the Dellner Brakes warehouse in Houston, Texas
Jane Smith, LE16 Communications, email jane@LE16.com, telephone +44 (0)7800 523077.